Students work through the Rockschool Syllabus, which includes Entry Level and Grades 1-8.
At the completion of each grade students will have the opportunity to enrol for exams to receive their grade certificate.
Enrolment for exams is optional.
Some of the other books used in drum lessons include:
- Basic Drum Kit Studies by Chris McCaig
- Syncopation by Ted Reed
- Stick Control by George L Stone
- Groove Essentials by Tommy Igoe
- Survival Guide for the Modern Drummer by Jim Riley
- The Language of Drumming by Benny Greb
- 'Patterns' series by Gary Chaffee
- The New Breed by Gary Chester
- Modern Reading Text in 4/4 by Louis Bellson
- The All American Drummer by Charlie Wilcoxon
- NARD Drum Solos